Homeless Veterans Resources
VA is taking decisive action to end Veteran homelessness in five years. All Veterans at risk for homelessness or attempting to exit homelessness must have easy access to programs and services including Prevention, Housing Support, Treatment, Employment and Job Training.
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, you can contact the National VA Call Center at 1-877-424-3838, or contact VA online through the Homeless Veterans Chat service.
VA programs and services aim to help homeless Veterans live as self-sufficiently and independently as possible. We offer outreach, clinical assessment and referral to medical treatment, employment assistance, and supported permanent housing.
Homeless Veterans or anyone concerned about one can also call or use online chat to reach the Veterans Crisis Line and get free, 24/7 support for any personal crisis. Responders are trained to work with homeless Veterans and connect them to resources in their area.
The National Call Center for Homeless Veterans provides assistance to homeless Veterans and their families; VA Medical Centers; Federal, state, and local partners; community agencies; Veterans services providers; and others in the community. If you or someone you know is a homeless Veteran in need of help, call 1-877-4AID VET (1-877-424-3838) to receive free, confidential support from a trained, VA staff member 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also get confidential support from the Homeless Veterans Chat.
Pennsylvania Resources for Homeless Veterans:
1. American Legion: http://pa-legion.com/programs/other-programs/housing-for-homeless-veterans/
2. National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
Pennsylvania – http://www.nchv.org/index.php/help/help-pennsylvania
3. HUD- http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/pennsylvania/homeless
4. VFW Homeless Outreach- http://www.vfwpahq.org/serving-others/veterans-services/homeless-vets-outreach/
5. Victory House- http://www.victoryhouselv.org/
6. Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs- http://www.dmva.state.pa.us/