The family member Roadmap is an interactive online training for families. The training can be accessed through the Pa System of Care Partnership website by clicking on the icon (blue box) that says: PA Partners Learn Together on the bottom of each page. The first time you enter the Learning Management site you will have to register in order to take the course. The models were developed by families, for the purpose of supporting families.
- WHY---Research findings support that family members involved in their youth’s treatment, services, etc. produce better outcomes for the youth.
- They are NOT ALONE!!
- The modules/lessons are easy to use in language families will understand.
- The goal is to help families navigate the systems and give them the tools necessary to feel empowered to help their family members.
- The modules/lessons can be taken alone or with a support person.
- The family member can complete all at one time or skip around.
- Once they are registered they can access the site as many times as they would like.
There are 7 modules or lessons. Once you register you can complete them in order or skip around. You do not have to complete them all at once. You will have the ability to enter the site at any time, complete one, two, or all.
—The Key Concepts are:
- Keeping Good Records—Sharing Your Child’s Story
- Asking Questions to Produce Useful Answers
- Making the Most of Appointment Time
- Resolving Mistakes and MisunderstandingsBringing it All Together
CLICK ON THE ICON TO THE RIGHT FOR A DIRECT LINK TO THE ROADMAP LESSONS. Register and you are set to go! (Please Note: The Learning Management System Requires You To Use Internet Explorer)
To access the videos in the training outside of the Learning Management System please click on the links below. You will be able to watch the videos but not participate in the actual learning module. You must enter the site using the icon below, PA Partners Learn Together to actually complete the lessons.
Module 1: Finding Your New Reality
Module 2: Keeping Good Records
Module 3: Sharing the Story of Your Child or Youth
Module 4: Asking Questions to Produce Useful Answers
Module 5: Making the Most of Appointment Time
Module 6: Resolving Mistakes & Misunderstandings
Module 7: Bringing It All Together