Youth and Young Adult Training and Technical Assistance
YOUTH TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AND TRAINING
The PA Care Partnership values the philosophy of having youth and young adult members as equal partners at all levels of their decision-making related to their care and treatment. This starts in the home and with the individuals, they identify as family and progresses all the way through work and decision-making in both the private and public sectors. The idea of "Nothing About Us Without Us", has been a driving factor in the work we do. In order to enhance the learning and abilities of youth and young adult partners, training and education are vital. As such training opportunities are listed below.
The PA Care Partnership offers a variety of Technical Assistance and Training opportunities provided by a variety of youth organizations, including our partner Youth MOVE PA. Many of these opportunities are provided at no cost to both System of Care and Non-System of Care counties throughout Pennsylvania. Below are some of the Technical Assistance and Training opportunities available.
Information on training is available by contacting email@example.com
TRAINING PROVIDED THROUGH YOUTH MOVE PA IN COLLABORATION WITH THE PA CARE PARTNERSHIP
Youth and Young Adult Roadmap (YYARM) training and coaching is available to help youth and young adults navigate the changes needed to move into adult living, enhancing their existing skills.
We can train people to use the Roadmap tool and to train others on its use. We will provide you with the Roadmap books. These are used by the youth/young adult participants and remain with them. The cost is approximately $24.00 per book. Coaching can also be provided, which is working directly with a small group, preferably 6 to 8 young people, in order to work through the Roadmap tool.
Social Marketing – What is That? is a presentation designed to help groups of youth and young adults determine their message and how to get it across to people.
- How to Share Your Story
- Youth and Young Adult Recruitment and Retention Strategies
- Where am I on my Leadership Journey-from Youth Advocate to Advocate for Youth, and
- Development of a Request for Proposal to become Independent Organization.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROVIDED THROUGH YOUTH MOVE PA IN COLLABORATION WITH THE PA CARE PARTNERSHIP
When we say “technical assistance”, we refer to activities that will assist an organization to reach its goals. Technical assistance (TA) can be tailored for each organization. Here are examples of things we can offer.
- Assistance with recruiting youth and young adults to participate at various levels of your organization
- Map current and potential “Champions” or “allies” who support the youth MOVEment and youth involvement
- Work on reviewing strategic plans and meeting structures to see if there are ways to enhance those now in place, with follow-up consultation and support as needed
- Conduct needs assessments using the Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results (SOAR) process and works with youth and young adults to tackle needs and design new opportunities
When a professional organization requests training, a charge will be established. If a Youth MOVE chapter or a small non-profit or youth/consumer-led group has funds available, fees will be negotiated based on ability to pay. Travel reimbursement is requested.
Email Youth MOVE PA: firstname.lastname@example.org