The Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership Training
"Change the conversation, change the relationships, change the culture, change the systems, create durable sustainable systems of care."
The PA Care Partnership and the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is partnering with the Coach Approach Partners coachapproachpartners.com to provide leadership training throughout Pennsylvania.
The Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership is a Skill-Based Leadership Workshop to Support Internal and Cross-System Collaboration within Systems of Care Leadership Coaching is a powerful tool for improving leadership, supervision, and practice in human services. This engaging two-day leadership coaching training; introduces youth and family, leaders, administrators, supervisors, managers, and program staff, to the leadership coaching mindset and skillset. The Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership was developed to support health and human services organizations in building coaching skills as core skills for adaptive leadership. This connects coaching as a daily approach for how to respond to complexity in times of constant uncertainty.
Coaching can focus on specific skills and abilities to reach targeted outcomes, enhance performance and develop deeper levels of critical thinking. Coaching has the potential to be utilized in all types of work situations and at all levels of the organization system. The Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership curriculum was designed to orient participants to a coaching model, provide opportunities to practice coaching and to customize the coaching application to the unique needs of each organization, targeting various levels within the organization.
In addition to good management skills, this course will focus on the adaptive leadership skills of aligning actions to values and will reset and build the critical thinking skills needed to support change and innovation in systems of care.
Areas covered will include:
- How do you become and stay present even in the midst of chaos and conflict?
- What does engaged listening look like and how can you become an engaged listener?
- How can we ask questions that unlock deeper responses to our leadership challenges?
- How can I use direct communication and feedback to support the adaptive work?
- How can we use leadership coaching skills in our daily interactions to create ongoing opportunities for internal and cross-system collaboration?
This is an interactive training. The training features several coaching demonstrations as well as all individuals in the training participating in real issues coaching. No coaching will consist of role-playing or pre-scripted demonstrations.
Who is the Coach Approach for?
- Youth, Family, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Human Services, Behavioral Health, Providers, Community Partners, and anyone else who is interested.
The Coach Approach and System of Care Aligned Goals:
- To strengthen services to the children and families in Pennsylvania systems of care.
- To improve cross-partnership communication and collaboration as systems of care.
- To support health and human services organizations, family, and youth organizations in building coaching skills as core skills for leaders.
- To develop critical thinking skills of youth, family, and systems.
- To support staff retention and empower those with work with and for.
The Coach Approach is:
Creating a mindset and skillset to apply broadly to the work we do.
- Modeling as leaders and program administrators
- Engaging each other
- Investing in developing others
- Making our agency more effective.
The Coach Approach Model
Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership Posters
The Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership has several points of key areas that frame how we interact with one another. We have developed posters that can be printed off on 8.5 X 11 paper for your quick reference. Download Coach Approach to Adaptive Leadership Poster Here