Family Member Roadmap Training
The family member Roadmap is an interactive online training for families. The training can be accessed through the Pa System of Care Partnership website by clicking on the icon (blue box) that says: PA Partners Learn Together on the bottom of each page. The first time you enter the Learning Management site you will have to register in order to take the course. The models were developed by families, for the purpose of supporting families.
- WHY---Research findings support that family members involved in their youth’s treatment, services, etc. produce better outcomes for the youth.
- They are NOT ALONE!!
- The modules/lessons are easy to use in language families will understand.
- The goal is to help families navigate the systems and give them the tools necessary to feel empowered to help their family member.
- The modules/lessons can be taken alone or with a support person.
- The family member can complete all at one time or skip around.
- Once they are registered they can access the site as many times as they would like.
There are 7 modules or lessons. Once you register you can complete them in order or skip around. You do not have to complete them all at once. You will have the ability to enter the site at any time, complete one, two or all.
—The Key Concepts are:
- Keeping Good Records—Sharing Your Child’s Story
- Asking Questions to Produce Useful Answers
- Making the Most of Appointment Time
- Resolving Mistakes and MisunderstandingsBringing it All Together