May is Mental Health Awareness Month in Venango County 2021
May 9 to May 15, 2021, Venango County will be observing Mental Health Awareness Month locally with “Community Involvement and Awareness Week.”
- We have asked the community to display green lights in their homes, agencies, schools, or businesses by running PSA’s on our local media outlets.
- We are giving out green Mental Health Awareness ribbons starting May 9. We will be delivering to the schools and businesses, or we have a registration form, and we will get them ready for pickup at our Human Services Complex at 1 Dale Ave. in Franklin. They can use the following link to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNox8JWs6kbotWfcTxv5Eml_bUmz6WFI5-vUVnaefYfDooUQ/viewform?fbclid=IwAR35TIfhjRha6UphDHMVIjDdKchLjsajJm0nhM1wLeizNdcsJWquRPpEYfc
- Our yard sign campaign continues to “Shine a Light on Suicide” and is focused on schools this year.
- County courthouse in Franklin is lighting up green for the entire month of May.
- Facebook Campaign offering resources, natural supports, educational information, and more.
May 9 to 15, 2021
- The Bridge in Oil City will be lit up for Community Involvement and Awareness Week.
May 14, 2021
- We are asking residents to wear green to show their support for Mental Health Awareness. Participants will be able to share pictures on Facebook and Instagram by tagging Venango County Human Services or with the hashtag #NotAlone
May 22, 2021
- 5K Walk/Run to “Shine a Light on Suicide” 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, May 22, Two Mile Run County Park