Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Resources
Resources for families, community, educators, care providers, and juvenile justice around Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
- Getting Help
- Newsletter and Articles
- Teachers and Educators
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Fact Sheets
Addressing Sensory Issues:
- 14 Fall Sensory Activities For Your Child. Fall sensory activities to do with your child. Learn about sensory activities with the leaves including raking leaves, jumping in the pile, playing hide and seek, and making a leaf race.
- Does Cannabis Use Amplify the Effect of Prenatal Alcohol Exposure and Vice Versa? “It is likely, " said Kirill Larin, University of Houston professor of biomedical engineering. Larin and collaborator, Rajesh Miranda of Texas A&M University received a $2.5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health to acquire evidence.” - EurekAlert
- Easy Sensory Bags. Inexpensive craft for your toddler to learn sensory skills.
- Exercise Ball for Sensory Input. Six ways to use an exercise ball for sensory input.
- Know FASD. This site introduces the neurobehavioral difficulties that may appear throughout the lifespan of individuals with FASD. It is important to recognize that, being a spectrum disorder, FASD can look different for different individuals. The problems presented on this site are not necessarily gender specific.
- Parent’s Guide to DIY Therapy Equipment. Create your own therapy equipment.
- Sensory Activities for Toddlers. Eleven sensory activities for one-year-olds.
- Soft Taco Swing. It helps to promote the vestibular system by providing uniform pressure around the entire body. The pressure will actually help calm an over-stimulated child, help with self-regulation or help keep the child in a neutral state.